FREE! Wow, has this been brought into my awareness over the last few days!! I thought I would do like most others and follow the marketing tips by offering some free coaching sessions. Admittedly, with the intention of drawing more people in. I could just see them just discovering what a wonderful experience this was and then of course, signing up for more coaching. I really thought people would just jump at the chance to experience this. Right? Uh, not quite!!
Firstly, I had no fish biting at all. Mmhhhhhhh. Not good enough bait? So I started asking questions. What was right about this that I was not getting? What showed up?
1. I felt deflated that no one had even responded. Where is the joy in that?
2. I fell into self-doubt, which is the ultimate attitude of lack. Where is the joy in that?
3. I tried to cognitively understand the cause as to why people would not jump at this free offer. Where is the joy in that?
4. I did actually facilitate two free sessions and the feedback was – honestly – nothing had changed. Of course, I took full responsability for this outcome – both mine and theirs. Generous or stupid? Where is the joy in that?
OK, so is it only me that’s sees a pattern here? Where is the JOY!!
This has been such a valuable lesson for me. Basically, how much do I value what I do? Am I valueing myself and standing in my joy when I give my services away for FREE or no thing?
Isn’t the Universe or LOA, wonderful? The information is always there and it will continue to show up in a myriad of ways – until we finally get it. For me, it was someone asking me this question: what is the value of giving away your sessions for free? GLOP!!This brought me up short, to a stockstill stand. There was no value and there was no JOY.
What I got out of it:
1. I am valuable and so are the gifts that I offer.
2. Anything FREE is not valuable enough to shift anyone’s belief. It’s simply too easy and therefor cannot work, thus has no value.
3. In the grand scheme of things, there is always an exchange of some kind. This is Law. It just probably never shows up like we expect it to.
4. My work and time is valuable. This involves my greatest commodity – my attention. So, to honour the exchange of energies, my time = money.
Now, knowing all this is of true value – and it did not come for FREE, but with blood, sweat and tears.
I Am Valued and Valuable. I Am supported and acknowledged in all I do, by My-Self, and Others.
In Gratitude and Light!